2004 Front airbag sensor location code 4-2

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi.
My Airbag light is on. The light flashes 4 pause 2 times (code 4,2). I understand that this may be my front left sensor. I am pretty handy and thought I would replace it myself. However, I can't find it!
If anyone out there can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. A photo or good description of the location would be great.
Thanks,
John

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi.
My Airbag light is on. The light flashes 4 pause 2 times (code 4,2). I understand that this may be my front left sensor. I am pretty handy and thought I would replace it myself. However, I can't find it!
If anyone out there can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. A photo or good description of the location would be great.
Thanks,
John
See attached Airbag Section from Service Manual.

Hi.
Thanks,
John
The SRS employs four crash sensors. Two of the sensors are integral to the RCM and are not separately serviceable. In addition there are two side impact sensors one on each side of the vehicle attached to the floor pan near the seat. The RCM is mounted on the center tunnel under the instrument panel. Mounting orientation is critical for correct operation of all crash sensors.

Fault code 42 (B2441) indicates a driver's side impact sensor mounting failure. A driver side impact sensor mounting failure fault can be caused by:
  • A driver side impact sensor internal fault
  • A driver side impact sensor mounting failure
  • A faulty RCM
doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Impact Sensor 1.jpg

Impact Sensor 2.jpg

Impact Sensor 3.jpg

WOW!! Thank you so much. The diagrams will help greatly. I plan to tackle this issue later today. I appreciate your help.

Back