2004 bulb out warning still on after bulb replacement

B

billysredbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2004 Thunderbird. Light on dash telling me I had a bulb out. Turns out it was the rear drivers side turn signal/brake light. Put a new bulb in and still have the issue. Anyone else have this problen

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The warning center display alerts the driver of a lamp outage condition and is contained in the integrated display. The FEM and REM both control the exterior illumination. When an exterior lamp(s) is inoperative, the FEM or REM notifies the instrument cluster over the SCP communication network and the instrument cluster illuminates the warning center message LAMP OUT. The warning center message will remain on until the condition is corrected. Once the condition is corrected, the warning center will return to the trip odometer display.

According to page 13 of the owner’s manual you should depress the reset control to return to the trip odometer display. Did you depress the reset control? Did the lamp out message return?

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Instrument Cluster.jpg

Back