2003 VIN number on chassis?

A
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need to register my Tbird in Spain, but they need the VIN number cast on the chassis, does any body know if it’s cast and where?
(stamp at the door and plate under the windshield don’t work)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

According to the Owner’s Manual, the engine number, which is the last eight numbers of the entire VIN, is stamped on the engine block, transmission, frame, and transfer case (if equipped). Doesn’t say specifically where on the frame it is located, and I’ve never seen it on mine. Seems odd that the Spanish authorities require a stamping that is only a partial VIN, but it’s their country so they call the shots. Some websites suggest the frame, above the wheel, is a common location, but they don’t specify which wheel.

As a Ford Motor Company representative I had to oversee replacement of windshield VIN plates several times, and the process was handled with more security than you can imagine. VIN plates were treated like first-born children.

Sorry I can’t offer anything more.

According to the Owner’s Manual, the engine number, which is the last eight numbers of the entire VIN, is stamped on the engine block, transmission, frame, and transfer case (if equipped). Doesn’t say specifically where on the frame it is located, and I’ve never seen it on mine. Seems odd that the Spanish authorities require a stamping that is only a partial VIN, but it’s their country so they call the shots. Some websites suggest the frame, above the wheel, is a common location, but they don’t specify which wheel.

As a Ford Motor Company representative I had to oversee replacement of windshield VIN plates several times, and the process was handled with more security than you can imagine. VIN plates were treated like first-born children.

Sorry I can’t offer anything more.
Thanks for the answer, I find the same information, but no body seems to know where in the frame it is.

Back