2003 Ordered at X-Plan Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a 2003 red on red with white top from my small dealer in Millersburg,Oh. at just below invoice! My wife works at Goodyear and got the Supplier X-Plan deal.
I am one happy 1st poster to this fine list.

------------------
Tom in Ohio

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

biggrin.gif
ohiobird, congrats on placing your order and below list. BUT, now the wait starts.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

ohiobird,
did your dealer have all the ordering information? or are you just in a holding pattern til the info comes out?? We haven't heard a thing here about what's available for sure.

ohiobird
Sorry to burst your bubble but A X Z D plans are not available on the t-bird. This is not a dealer-controlled issue. Ford Motor is not offering any plan purchases on the T-Bird.

I have a Signed, and Accepted Offer from the Dealer stating they will honor the X-plan price reguardless of Ford Motors Policy.
Any Dealer if they want can sell at that price but it effects their profit on the Dealer Holdback portion paid to them by Ford.
My Dealer says he is still making a decent profit. T-Birds are not hot in Amish Country but don't even ask for a deal on a Deisel Pickup!

Originally posted by carguy:
ohiobird
Sorry to burst your bubble but A X Z D plans are not available on the t-bird. This is not a dealer-controlled issue. Ford Motor is not offering any plan purchases on the T-Bird.

------------------
Tom in Ohio

After paying list price for a car for the first time in my life - I will be very unhappy if Ford opens up the employee/supplier purchase plans on the 2003 or later Thunderbirds. That would drive down the value of our investment.
Clearly they don't have to do that to sell 100,000 units over the four year run of the vehicle.
It is a very profitable vehicle for the dealers and they would lose "value" in the vehicles, just like we will, if the purchase plans are opened up.

How many employee/supplier personnel will take advantage of this plan? Approximately what percentage discount do these eligible employees get? I'm not sure there is need for concern.

------------------
T'BIRD RUNNER

I am eligible to use the 'X' plan and would have used it if I could. It can save a few bucks if used. I agree that it would be detrimental to us if Ford opened it up to the various discount plans next year. At least I did get the car at MSRP.
George....

-

biggrin.gif
Hate to say this but I don't really care. I got mine at list and did not buy it for an investment. I don't really think this car will be worth more then it sells for right now for a long time. It's just like my Vette in a way,that car is worth about $24,000 IF you can find a buyer for it. When I do sell the Vette I will get more then I paid for it but don't think I'll see $24,000.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Regarding dealer pricing for 2002 T-Bird. I received delivery on 2-18-02. Invoice price $39995. I paid $37615. "A" plan price on invoice $35293.

------------------

Originally posted by RedBirdDlx:
That would drive down the value of our investment.

I hope you are not serious. Investment & Automobile are like oil and vinegar. In reality 25,000 2-seater $40,000 convertibles is more than enough to meet the demand, especially over 5 years. Especially in a bad economony with investors making decisions based upon facts like no terrorist attacks on 7/4. As you can see, there are now Birds sitting on lots. Ford will continue to add minor improvements each year, and different fascias to make the car look a little different without re-tooling, but rest assured, these cars will be selling used for peanuts one day just like it's popular predecessors.

Cross your fingers that things don't really get bad and they offer 0.00 on Birds in the next 24 months, because that would really hurt. (OUCH!)

-

Its like anything else you buy...when you want to be the first one on the block to own it, then you pay top dollar!

Ask the folks who were the first to own a New Beetle, a Mazda Miata, or the newest Nintendo/Play Station game console.

Back when I was a teenager I had a friend who's uncle had the first digital calculator I'd ever seen. It was a largeish desk top unit with display tubes and cost close to $500. It couldn't do the kind of things a calculator I can buy for less than $20 can do today.

Always was and always will be...when something is new and wanted you will pay top dollar. Those who are willing to wait till the demand peaks, will pay less. Don't fight it...it's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back