2003 Oil pan removal

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Any advice on removing oil pan to change gasket? It looks like "X" sway bar is in the way. Is that easy to remove?
Pretty easy job, even if living on your back…sway bar should come out…when refastening pan be sure to continually rotate the bolt tightening pattern process across the pan, crisscrossing, as opposed to cranking down one bolt alongside the next bolt… etc…job a little messy…good luck…

Pretty easy job, even if living on your back…sway bar should come out…when refastening pan be sure to continually rotate the bolt tightening pattern process across the pan, crisscrossing, as opposed to cranking down one bolt alongside the next bolt… etc…job a little messy…good luck…

I just had to have it done last week on my 2002 with 24k miles.. According to the mechanic, the X brace had to come off. Total job came to about $650 @ $140 an hour at a Ford dealer. They also had to re-tap one of the X bolts. I hope you can do it your self and save the labor cost for about 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back