1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

2002 Rear window defroster connection

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by CoachCornell, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:06 PM.

1. Hello All,
    I have a question.
    I installed the Hardtop on my 02.
    I see a button for a rear window defroster.
    But do not see a wire connection.
    Am missing the connection?
    Or do the guide/alignment pins actvas the electrical connection?
    Please advise
    Thank you

Dennis Beatlebo likes this.
  2. The connection is automatic when you install the hardtop.
    Larry Scott
    Marietta, Ga

3. The wire connector on mine broke and it is impossible to find a new one. Ford stopped making the connector wire. I gave up looking for one. I have no defogger with top on

John Hayman likes this.
  4. Dennis, I have the same situation, the connector looks like it should be circular and one-piece, but I have two pieces hanging by wire from the hardtop. I don't understand how or where it would connect anyway. The manual instructions on installing/removing the hardtop don't mention connecting anything??????? Would love to have it working if someone has ideas. 3d printer?

5. captrick

captrick Active Member Lifetime Donor

I t might just be a fuse or the switch that went bad. The defroster connection is done by the two pins that lock the back of the hardtop down. Good luck Rick

John Hayman likes this.
  6. Rick, I cannot picture to two pins part. I do know that I have a broken piece hanging down from the hardtop, that has two wires....

7. captrick

captrick Active Member Lifetime Donor

I am not sure what they are if you can send me a picture maybe I can help you out..... Rick

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!