1st long trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
We drove our bird from Pennsylvania to Green Bay WI. When we left the bird had about 800 miles on the odometer. The trip was 1960 miles and we used all interstate roads. Most of the time we cruised at 72 mph. Top speed was 86 mph (when we passe another car) The first day we reached the Chicago area and arrived in Green Bay the second day. On the return trip we left Green Bay at 5:45 AM EDST and Arrived back home at 11 PM EDST. This included breakfast, dinner, and two gas stops We were very pleased with the performance of the bird. We averaged 25 mpg. and had no problems. We had the hard top on. I am 6'3" and at the start my head just touched the inside of the top. After a few miles I must have conformed to the seats as my head no longer hit the roof. My wife drove about half the time each way. We noticed no wind noise, vibrations, or rattles.We loaded the cd player with 6 disks and had no problems. We were looking for some of the problems that other bird owners brought to our attention on this site, but found none. Everywhere we stopped some one had several nice comments about the car. We attended a National Model "A" Ford Meet. Our bird drew just as much attention as the restored Model "A" Fords. The bird will go for the first service next week. We found the car to be comfortable for long trips, but my wife could have used more luggage space, but she also says the same when we use our Yukon. We are looking forward to our next long t bird trip.

------------------
02 Black T-Bird
1955 Sunliner Convertible
1955 Crown Victoria Glass Top
1931 Model "A" Panel Delivery Truck
1931 Model "A" Station Wagon
1971 Chevrolet S/B Pick up

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by 02birdman:
Like your list of cars, are they all restored. Must be a nice garage full.

All the cars are restored except the '71 Chevy Pick up, which is still in nice condition. We have driven the '31 Station Wagon from Pennsylvania to Tacoma, Washington. The '31 panel Delivery to Jacksonville, FL. and the '55 Sunliner on an AACA tour and a VMCCA Tour, each a week long. So far the '55 Crown Victoria Glass Top has only been on one overnight tour. We are looking forward to another long t-bird trip.

------------------
02 Black T-Bird
1955 Sunliner Convertible
1955 Crown Victoria Glass Top
1931 Model "A" Panel Delivery Truck
1931 Model "A" Station Wagon
1971 Chevrolet S/B Pick up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back