1965 Converting wheels to metric 5 x 114mm

southerncapworks

southerncapworks

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello, I just purchased a pretty much all original (rebuilt motor and new interior and paint) 1965 Thunderbird hard top and am wanting to put newer wheels and tires on it, as well as front disc brakes. I am wondering if anyone has done this, or can help me on what needs to be done and how much the wheel lug conversion would cost to put modern wheels and tires on this car? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 397885399_1039883317330849_7245477200532817874_n.jpg
    397885399_1039883317330849_7245477200532817874_n.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 3

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello, I just purchased a pretty much all original (rebuilt motor and new interior and paint) 1965 Thunderbird hard top and am wanting to put newer wheels and tires on it, as well as front disc brakes. I am wondering if anyone has done this, or can help me on what needs to be done and how much the wheel lug conversion would cost to put modern wheels and tires on this car? Thanks in advance!
The 65 Thunderbird already has front disc brakes. These came standard starting in 1965.

I don’t have the car yet and get it delivered next week. The owner told be it has drums all around. He also sent pics showing the drums. So I’m not sure?

I don’t have the car yet and get it delivered next week. The owner told be it has drums all around. He also sent pics showing the drums. So I’m not sure?
I would make sure you verify it IS a 65, check Vin at radiator support and cowl, should start 5Y83Z......if it has front drums, either it is a 64 or someone switched spindles to 64 so they could swap to drum brakes. Don't know why anyone would, but you never know.

Hello, I just purchased a pretty much all original (rebuilt motor and new interior and paint) 1965 Thunderbird hard top and am wanting to put newer wheels and tires on it, as well as front disc brakes. I am wondering if anyone has done this, or can help me on what t doneeds to be done and how much the wheel lug conversion would cost to put modern wheels and tires on this car? Thanks in advance!
I think discs were an option in ‘65.
If I

I think discs were an option in ‘65.
If I
If it does have drums, there are several kits available to convert it to discs. The bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/2” circle. All kinds of wheels available for that.

Back