1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

02-05 Trailer Hitch

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by wthigpen, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Ok folks, I read all the posts about trailer hitches for 02-05 retro birds. Problem is, I can't find a hitch anywhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

2. tbird

tbird Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Thanks. I've seen all that. No luck finding that hitch.....yet. Was hoping a member might have one for sale.

tbird likes this.
  4. I sold my retro 'Bird about five years ago (with my custom hitch on it). I just bought another 2002 T'Bird, and need to install a hitch on it. Haven't had any luck finding a 24705 hitch - if anyone has any idea where to get one (new or used) I'd love to hear about it. Some have suggested a Lincoln LS hitch will work - I bought one off e-Bay, but, so far, it does not appear to fit as well as the T'Bird specific model. The LS hitch is load rated higher than the T'Bird hitch (3500# vs. 2000#) so the main crossbar of the hitch is thicker, which means it will not tuck under the rear valance like the T'Bird model. I am working to convert this hitch to a completely hidden installation like I did with my old one, but, starting with the 12253 Curt LS hitch has made more modifications necessary.

Jeff

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!