WTB 1957 3 speed Fordomatic transmission

J

jsonny

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Transmission died again after being rebuilt. Looking for a reputable company to buy replacement. Fordomatic, 312 engine.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I a not sure you will be gaining anything. The Ford-o-matic you need has long been out of production it sounds like your rebuilder did not do a stellar job as these transmissions are normally reliable if not abused. You did not say where you are located, but I am sure you can find an old school rebuilder in your area that can make your current transmission run like new. I have one in my town, but they are getting harder to find.

Parts discussion goes in the parts discussion area of the forums. Post moved. Please do not post parts wanted in the general forums.

parts-discussion.jpg

I a not sure you will be gaining anything. The Ford-o-matic you need has long been out of production it sounds like your rebuilder did not do a stellar job as these transmissions are normally reliable if not abused. You did not say where you are located, but I am sure you can find an old school rebuilder in your area that can make your current transmission run like new. I have one in my town, but they are getting harder to find.
Thanks for your reply. Only found one rebuilder in the Waco, TX area. Had the trans rebuilt and it has died again and am not confident in the rebuilder after all the problems I have had since rebuild. The Bird is continuing to be rebuilt on small areas but the trans is essential. Any info is appreciated.

Don’t replace the original main case away. The T bird main case the cooling line exits the rear,in order to miss the X-frame . Learned from experience.

My '56 trans recently died & needs a rebuild job. I'm in the Atlanta area and hoping the engine doesn't have to be pulled in order to remove and take to a rebuild shop? Any suggestions for a reputable/experienced ford-o-matic rebuilder in my area would be greatly appreciated!

Back