worn sway and lateral link bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhilD
Last seen
Whilst doing some searching to solve an oil leak (and its all good for you guys and gals to check on yours for problems) we found some damaged components on my 2002 TBird. If you remove your rear wheels you have two parts, the sway bar that stops your wheel from moving outwards or inwards and a lateral link bar (that's fords name for it) which is kind of like a track control rod. The bushings on these had totally broken/cracked and leaked. The sway bars are cheap off any car parts person on ebay but the lateral link bar is expensive, $176 from ford or $119 off ebay, new! Unfortunately you cannot just replace the bushings like you did on the old cars, no ford in there wisdom have made it so you replace the complete unit. remember one of each of these for either side.

Now these parts are important as without the bushes to add that bit of help the bars could eventually break due to use, if you find you have a bit of a clunk when reversing up a driveway that could be the reason so please check these out. I will see if I can attach a photo of these parts on the car.

Well this forum will not let me upload a picture so sorry everyone.

The part number for the lateral link is 1W6Z-5B551-AA and for the sway bar XW4Z-5C486-AA

Phil

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back