Wind Blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had success with Lexan windblockers to reduce wind at highway speeds with the top down. There are several of them advertised on various websites for our thunderbirds. I like the thought of putting the top down with my bride of 32 years along and not heariing about the wind blowing her hair into the next county. I told her she's lucky to still have some hair but that didn't go over too well. Regardless, I dont want to buy something that won't work. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim (jetbird - Black 03 Bird)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

jim Windblockers are a personnel preference thing. You will get people that swear by them and others like me who don't see a need for them. I would suggest that you purchase your's from a company that has a return policy if not satisfied ED

The one I have works great!
If you roll the windows up with the top down you only get the slightest breeze, It really does what it states.
The "online auction" has them for 118.00

Windblockers

Just purchased one on e-bay(used) cost $145.00 with shipping.I'm waiting for it to get here in S. Fl. were the top is dropped often.I liked the way this one was made it extended down below the seats and it's made of 1/4 material.From what I've read there are some made of 1/8 material and they tend to vibrate.I've also seen them advertised for up to $300 + with shipping,keep an eye open on e-bay.Will give a report after testing it,my gal who is twice yours age has the same complaint (age makes no difference)BTW you don't have to be young to enjoy a T- Bird.:cool:

Windblocker

I have been considering purchasing one as well. I personally don't mind the "wind in whatever hair I have left" feeling, but it does make things difficult for my dear wife. I also find I'm really cranking the audio to be able to hear it well.

Tattwo98...what is this "online auction" you refer to? Is the one you have made of the thicker lexan?

(Magic sits with card in hand and waits to pull the trigger.)

I just ordered a wind blocker from Windblox. I haven't received it yet but it is 1/4 inch Lexan material and the cost is $147 plus $29 shipping. I will reserve judgement until I get the thing and try it out. I also bought a storage case for $26. I will write again when it finally gets here. They also have a cheaper version (acrylic) for $118

Have a great day,

Jim (jetbird)

I have been considering purchasing one as well. I personally don't mind the "wind in whatever hair I have left" feeling, but it does make things difficult for my dear wife. I also find I'm really cranking the audio to be able to hear it well.

Magic, If you set your radio, per the book, the sound system, will crank itself as your speed increases and noise increases - You won't have to crank it!

Windblockers

Jim,

I looked at the windblocker you purchased. Looks good...and at the right price. Please let us all know if it's up to expectations. I am anxious to get one as well. Curios why you decided on the lexan rather than the acrylic.

Fenner

Magic, If you set your radio, per the book, the sound system, will crank itself as your speed increases and noise increases - You won't have to crank it!

Awesome. I'll look into this. Thanks, George

I just ordered a wind blocker from Windblox. I haven't received it yet but it is 1/4 inch Lexan material and the cost is $147 plus $29 shipping. I will reserve judgement until I get the thing and try it out. I also bought a storage case for $26. I will write again when it finally gets here. They also have a cheaper version (acrylic) for $118

Have a great day,

Jim (jetbird)

Jim:
Here's a picture of a great addition for that wind blocker. There are some trying to get a volume discount, down from $50. for this.

Tried it out

My screen arrived today,as I stated above it was used.It turns out it's a Windblox model.Saved a couple of bucks buying it used.Took a run down the turnpike at 70-80 with it in place, windows up.My hair did fly some and I'm 5'6" so you taller guy may get a little more wind.I removed it and made a run back at the same speed,the big thing you don't get that buffing around your head and your hair is really flying without it.I would say (being a new owner)I wouldn't be without one on a long trip or around town for that matter without one.I would find the wind banging around my head very annoying:cool:

Thanks Ed, that's good to know:)

Wind Screen

Thanks Ed, that's good to know:)

Hi Guys,

I made one myself from the picture. It's 1/4" thick and mounts with ties on the headrest. I pull the two headrests out to install or remove it, and it works well on the highway.

Michel

P.S. Thank you for the automatic volume control tip. If we would only read the manual. As always.......we have George to thank for! You're the BEST!!!

Thanks Mike for those kind words. That's why we're here, to help each other

Hi Guys,

I made one myself from the picture. It's 1/4" thick and mounts with ties on the headrest. I pull the two headrests out to install or remove it, and it works well on the highway.

Michel

Michel: Do you have any pictures of the one you made. I would be interested in making one. How did you attach the ties to the lexan etc? Many thanks, John

Windblocker

Ordered one from Windblox on Sunday. Anxiously awaiting the arrival. Will give you all my thoughts after install and experience.

Windblocker

Got the WindBlox windblocker delivered on Tuesday and immediately installed it. The directions were not real clear, but it was simple enough to figure out. The straps were a bit too long, so I do have a bit of front/back movement, but the unit is effective in it's claim. Looking forward to taking a longer trip than to/from work to judge it completely, but I'm pleased with it so far.

Windblocker

All,

I finally tried out my windblocker at high speed. I ran between 80-90 mph and it really works great with the window rolled up and there is marginal improvement with the windows down. I'm pleased with the results and I would buy it again. Also, I was pleased that it doesn't rattle.

Jim (jetbird)

That's good news Jim. Good luck and happy traveling:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back