Thunderbirds all over the Beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my red Bird out for an evening drive this p.m. Was overtaken by a black 2002 with top down on Ocean Boulevard, met a lady from San Antonio, Tx., driving a red one in Cherry Grove Beach, and then a white one from Raleigh came along! Imagine ....four new Thunderbirds in the space of a couple of square miles in North Myrtle Beach!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Can't imagine ! Sounds like a great place to take an evening dirve.....I wish I was a little closer.
cool.gif

------------------
Charlie
VENUS, a Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent.
VIN 12778

I kinda wish new birds were a little more scarce here in the Detroit area. I can't leave the house without running into at least 2 or 3, and if I'm out for the whole day I'm sure to spot at least 8 or 10. There is even a white bird just like mine right in my own sub-division as well as a red one on the next block over. Guess I wouldn't mind being one of in a crowd of new birds if we were all lucky enough to be driving along the beach like you guys in Myrtle Beach!

-

Even with our local dealer having delivered 8 of their 12 car allottment, we seldom see another one on the road. Even when I go into the Baltimore or Washington area, we seldom see more than 1-2, if any. And if my numbers are right, there will be at least 1000 of them delivered in Ford's Wash Zone, which covers Balto-Wash-VA-No NC. I guess that is why ours attracts so much attention each time we are out.

Skip
Red/Red/Red Premium/#1678

Still not any birds sighted by me in Nebraska. I saw a white one in DesMoines as I was going east to Washington Iowa. Saw another one (all red) as I was heading back on HW163 halfway betwen Oskalosa and DesMoines on the way back.

Still waiting for my Blue and White/Full. It seems that dealers want 5K over sticker price for the Blue ones now. Mine is suposed to be sticker price. The dealer was proud of the fact that they were selling at MSRP. I hope they don't get greedy in the end. I saw where someone is waiing on a 22,000 vin number. That means that there are only 3,000 left to be built.

Wish me luck on my order. I may need it.
HKS
frown.gif

Originally posted by caminmich:
I kinda wish new birds were a little more scarce here in the Detroit area. I can't leave the house without running into at least 2 or 3, and if I'm out for the whole day I'm sure to spot at least 8 or 10. There is even a white bird just like mine right in my own sub-division as well as a red one on the next block over. Guess I wouldn't mind being one of in a crowd of new birds if we were all lucky enough to be driving along the beach like you guys in Myrtle Beach!

-

I can confirm that bird sightings in the DC area are rare. I cannot figure that out especially in view of the numbers mentioned by Skip earlier. I got my T-bird one month ago and since then I've spotted only two on the road around here. Today I did a 175-mile cruise between here and the Shenandoah River valley in Virginia -- it was absolutely fabulous -- and I saw no other T-birds. Of course, I got a lot of looks and a few "hey, beautiful car" type of comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back