1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

Thunderbird Convertible Top Pivot Arm

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by jimtcrowe, Apr 14, 2017.

1. I recently had a pivot arm break on my convertible top latch. Unable to find the discontinued part at a reasonable price, I had a local shop machine me a new arm and also had a few extra made.

If you have this problem I can sale you the pivot arm, the bushings, and a new designed pin to allow simple installation. By using the new pin instead of a roll pin, this does not require disassembly saving you several hours of work.

If you have a need for this part, contact me at jimtcrowe@msn.com and use tbird pivot arm in the subject line.

This new pivot arm is made from steel rather than cast so it should not have any future problems as it is superior to the original. You need to save you old j-hook and spring to reuse.

Thanks,
    Jim
    tbird pivot arm.jpg

biddle and John Hayman like this.
  2. E-mailed you a couple of times for this part. Please check your mail. I was about to have them fabricated locally when I saw your post. Having my top replaced and want to do these at the same time. Thanks ~!

3. S

Sounds good
    Text me at (256) 996-5051
    Email at. jimtcrowe@msn.com

4. Text sent, thanks bud.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!