squeaky seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JRL

Au Revoir
Last seen
My Tbird, along with some of your's, driver's seat rubs against the console and squeaks.I was wondering if any of you has come up with a "fix" for this. I put a piece of dark cardboard between the seat and the console and it works, but it's a shame that in a 40K car that this, along with the other faults are there in the first place. Short of Ford actually narrowing the seat sides in later production cars, I don't see any way this can be fixed

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I wonder if the size of the rear end in the car has anything to do with whether it squeeks or not?

What's your problem?
It was a serious question, if anyone had a fix for the leather rubbing. I won't stoop to your asinine level by name calling
JRL

Originally posted by JRL:
What's your problem?
It was a serious question, if anyone had a fix for the leather rubbing. I won't stoop to your asinine level by name calling
JRL

Yes, and it was a serious post. I'm not a little guy myself, and tend to make all leather seats squeek. The height/weight of the person sitting in the seat is relevant to the amount of squeaking the seat makes, trust me, I've seen thousands of people sit in cars to test them out. When I sit in a leather seat a big poof of air comes out of the chair as if it is about to explode, along with a few squeeks.

Poor old Shaquille O'Neill can't even get his rear end in a armed seat, at the Olive Garden, they had to go get him a seat with no arms on it. :) Now I bet he would make a leather seat do some talkin.

-

I am 6'0" and 250 lbs. I have no problem of the seat cushion rubbing the center console. However if I tilt the seat back to far rearward I get a rubbing squeak from the seatback rubbing the back panel. Easy fix, tilt the seat back forward a little.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

You could try what my husband did in our '97 Blazer when the same thing happened to him... he bought those felt pads that are used for the bottom of chairlegs/other furniture pieces, and stuck a couple of them to the console. Now, the leather is rubbing up against felt instead of plastic... Just a thought, tho I don't know if you'd want to stick anything on the actual console...

------------------
Red/Red Premium 02 Bird w/full accent
2001 Ford Cobra
1997 Chevy Blazer (for the dogs)
DINKS

I'm about Lon's size and the seats in mine do not make any noise. In fact, nothing in the whole car squeaks, rattles or makes any annoying sounds. I just hope I can say the same 25,000 miles from now.

William Gardner
blk/blk/partial red prem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back