Selling dad's 2005 T-Bird, 17K Miles

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2005 Bronze T-Bird with both black softtop and bronze hard top, toneau cover and hardtop caddy.

My dad bought it for himself as a retirement gift 6 or 7 years ago. As Dad slowed down, I parked the T-Bird in a For Sale lot on the local military base and had a buyer lined up for this car: $15K and he told me the tires were original and needed replacing. Dad said "No", it was his dream car and he wasn't selling. I told him it was a great car, but impractical for me to keep after he was gone, with 3 kids.

I hoped that he would live long enough for my eldest (13 year old boy) to take his date to the prom in it. Can you imagine a 17 year old rolling up in that?

I called the guy who had made an offer on the T-Bird, but he had already found another one.

Everything works/runs. The chrome effect on top of windshield is peeling though and should be addressed. The car has a little less than 17,000 miles on it.

My dad was the second owner, and it was garaged until he and his wife moved to assisted living 2 and a half years ago. Whenever anything needed to be done on it, he would have it serviced at the dealership, Bonnell Ford in Winchester Ma and then Enfield Family Ford in Enfield CT. I was able to get service invoices for repair from Enfield but not Bonnell due to Covid-19 shutdown.

I have records for Enfield Ford and the tires I replaced at Costco and will try to get the Bonnell Ford records when they come back to work:
2019- Replaced all four tires, Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus H/V (COSTCO)
New battery
Oil changeCoolant flush
Replace fuel filter
Replace air filter
Replace wiper blades
2018-
A/C Repair: replaced a/c compressor and valve

The car has been in Northern VA for the last year, and has about 16,980 miles and i take it for a short drive every other weekend.

I am in Northern Virginia, I have the title in hand (and am the Administrator of the Estate). I'm asking $15,700 or best offer.

1tbird2005.jpg2tbird2005.jpg3tbird2005.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sounds like a great deal/car for someone out there!

Not my color, but mileage and service history make this a good value! Definitely worth a look for someone looking for one.

That's a fair price and right in line with what I paid 15 months ago for my '02 TBird with just under 19,000 miles on it...
I would think here or Craig's List or BAT (Bring A Trailer) web site would net you a sale...

Back