paint protector option

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up my new Tbird (Blue, Black accent interior)yesterday. The dealor highly suggested that I purchase the $495 paint and leather protector. I have until tomorrow to let them know if I am going to have this done.

Can anyone tell me what this is and do most of you get this? I don't want to start off making some stupid mistake. Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

lizzie,

Save your $500, its just a way for the dealer to gouge customers out of more money. Dealers always come up with these worthless add ons to increase profit. Just say, NO!

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

lizzie, I agree...it is a total waste of money and a real gimmick. keep your money and enjoy your new car.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

lizzie,

I feel that $100 spent on Zaino products would be money better spent. Search the forum on "Zaino", use the search button on the upper right of the page. You will see that there are a lot of Zaino believers here.

I don't think I have you listed in the database, please see my thread "Database Info for the New Birds - post here Update 1", thanks.

RTBRD

-

biggrin.gif
lizzie, Like everyone has said , save your money, you can do the same thing for a lot less $$$. The dealer,IF they did a good job of this ,would probably clear about $425. on it. Get the good products yourself and then get to know you Bird up close and personal.
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Don't do it. It's dealer gouging and charging four hundred dollars for a hundred dollar detail

Thank you! That settles that. It kind of sounded like a gimmic, but I just wanted to be sure.

I did get the protectant @ $500. Not for the protectant mind you, but because part of the deal is twice a year for 5.5 years they will detail the car inside and out. The detailings are worth the price of the protectant. This is not to say that I am still not going to do my own detailing, but instead of doing it 4 times a year I only have to do it 2 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back