Opps! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solaceinsilence

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
well my 89 sc has been sitting for a while so the battery is dead. i was working on it the other day, accidentally locked myself out. with the only key in the ignition. messed around with my lockout kit but no luck. anyone know who to get in? i wasnt sure if there was a way similar to the ford ranger method. thanks for the help in advance, hopefully i wont have to call a locksmith.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your best bet is to call a locksmith. However, there are a couple ways to get into it. First, of course is to jerry-rig up a device that is similar to what a locksmith would use. But I'm here to tell you, it isn't easy. I did the same thing with my '89 SC when I had it...and I was 750 miles from home when I did it! Even though I called a locksmith, he still took over 30 minutes to get into it because it was that difficult.

There is another option, but It requires just a tad of power from the battery. If it's dead, dead, then you've got really no too many other options than calling a locksmith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back