Oil light

91-TBird3.8

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My oil light just started coming on its on as soon as I start the engine and won't turn off. What could be the problem?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My oil light just started coming on its on as soon as I start the engine and won't turn off. What could be the problem?
Option One: low oil, the second: a problem with the oil pump, the third: inserts the crankshaft, the fourth: oil pressure switch, the fifth: you just too lazy to get to the service centers and many more options

Option One: low oil, the second: a problem with the oil pump, the third: inserts the crankshaft, the fourth: oil pressure switch, the fifth: you just too lazy to get to the service centers and many more options
Well I did some checking and I know it's not the oil because it's full I just changed it about a week ago and I've been checking it every day it is on the full mark and I hear no loud noises coming from the engine it runs smooth so I'm thinking it's the pressure switch, can you please tell me where the pressure switch is located?

It sounds like it is in the oil sender unit or the wire connecting to which may be frayed and shorting out on the engine. Something else you might check is the oil filter, make sure it is the correct one for the engine, they have bypass valves in them and it might be the wrong one for the engine and does allow enough oil to go to the sending unit. Other then that you can install a manual gage which reads oil pressure in PSI. Good Luck Rick

look in Google images thunderbird oil pressure sensor. on different motors differently.

Back