odometer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Last seen
I just bought a 95 v8 T-bird and the odometer stopped working. Is this a common problem? Where should I start troubleshooting?
Thanks, Kent

Well I'd say it's the odometer itself that has gone bad.
I have a 1995 XR7 with the 4.6L engine too, and I got in a junkyard the speedo/odometer from a SC Tbird, so now it reads up to 140MPH and it's a simple swap. Readings are fine, no need to adjust a thing.

Now that I watch closely, it reads up to 150MPH. Anyway, I bought the white faces from NRauto (www.nrauto.com) in case you like the combo.
The NR kit has faces for both LX and SC.

instruments.jpg

My '95 has been this way since I got it last September. Doesn't bother me as long as I know how fast I'm going lol

I got mine fixed!
I bought replacement gears for the speedometer, took it apart and replaced them, it works perfectly now. It was somewhat of a task to do but the end result was a working unit.

It's not that hard to repair you existing unit, just time and patients. I'd be happy to help anyone repair theirs but honestly if you print the PDF offered on the gear site and follow it you will get it done. Just be sure to loosen the nuts that hold the steering column and lower it to the end of the bolts to give extra room to remove the bezel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back