1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

New member Hamilton, NJ Colonial white 57 T-Bird! Getting her out on the road!

Discussion in '1955 - 1966 Classic Ford Thunderbird' started by themadchef, May 7, 2017.

1. Hello all My name is Danny or Chef if you like! i own a 1957 colonial white thunder bird, it has been in the family for the past 20 years, it was my dads but he passed a while back and it has been on and off the road for the past 20 years. I am the care taker of the car now and she has been sitting for the past couple of years and i am in the process of getting her ready for the road, the car is in really nice shape, but i am a beginner as working on cars! i do wrench on motorcycles so i have the passion on working or making an effort to work on the bird! i know that the generator is not working and i plan on getting a rebuilt one or maybe a modern alternator? what do you all think? plus i got to check the electrics because in the past the brake lights and blinkers worked when they wanted to, the car was winterized and i have not started her in a long while! well i plan on posting allot and i look forward to be part of this forum!

2. Get an alternator- much more efficient- you will need a new belt- slightly different size. Could be brake light switch - on left side of frame.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!