New member Hamilton, NJ Colonial white 57 T-Bird! Getting her out on the road!

themadchef
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all My name is Danny or Chef if you like! i own a 1957 colonial white thunder bird, it has been in the family for the past 20 years, it was my dads but he passed a while back and it has been on and off the road for the past 20 years. I am the care taker of the car now and she has been sitting for the past couple of years and i am in the process of getting her ready for the road, the car is in really nice shape, but i am a beginner as working on cars! i do wrench on motorcycles so i have the passion on working or making an effort to work on the bird! i know that the generator is not working and i plan on getting a rebuilt one or maybe a modern alternator? what do you all think? plus i got to check the electrics because in the past the brake lights and blinkers worked when they wanted to, the car was winterized and i have not started her in a long while! well i plan on posting allot and i look forward to be part of this forum!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello all My name is Danny or Chef if you like! i own a 1957 colonial white thunder bird, it has been in the family for the past 20 years, it was my dads but he passed a while back and it has been on and off the road for the past 20 years. I am the care taker of the car now and she has been sitting for the past couple of years and i am in the process of getting her ready for the road, the car is in really nice shape, but i am a beginner as working on cars! i do wrench on motorcycles so i have the passion on working or making an effort to work on the bird! i know that the generator is not working and i plan on getting a rebuilt one or maybe a modern alternator? what do you all think? plus i got to check the electrics because in the past the brake lights and blinkers worked when they wanted to, the car was winterized and i have not started her in a long while! well i plan on posting allot and i look forward to be part of this forum!
Get an alternator- much more efficient- you will need a new belt- slightly different size. Could be brake light switch - on left side of frame.

Back