My 1957's update

Rogvh

Rogvh

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
For two winters I have been working on my 1957. What originally was a project to get it to start (thinking it was a bad starter or Bendix, NOT) then became a longer plan to update the engine compartment. It had become quite grubby in the 30+ years since the engine rebuild. With many of you helping, I tried to make it like the factory would. Because last winter saw that completed along with re-wiring and a multitude of other tasks, I tackled the fender skirts which never had been installed since I owned the T-Bird. Again, with many of your suggestions, I now have them installed. I reached a point where for the first time for any of my cars I had nothing more I wanted to do! So, Memorial Day was it's first time out to a car show. Surprisingly, it won Best of Show. Thanks to all that helped along the way!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

For two winters I have been working on my 1957. What originally was a project to get it to start (thinking it was a bad starter or Bendix, NOT) then became a longer plan to update the engine compartment. It had become quite grubby in the 30+ years since the engine rebuild. With many of you helping, I tried to make it like the factory would. Because last winter saw that completed along with re-wiring and a multitude of other tasks, I tackled the fender skirts which never had been installed since I owned the T-Bird. Again, with many of your suggestions, I now have them installed. I reached a point where for the first time for any of my cars I had nothing more I wanted to do! So, Memorial Day was it's first time out to a car show. Surprisingly, it won Best of Show. Thanks to all that helped along the way!
Good for you! It is nice to hear this.

That is so inspiring ain’t it? Glad to hear this as well. A well deserved pat on the back ! If it’s not a lot of trouble…. A photo would be nice

That is so inspiring ain’t it? Glad to hear this as well. A well deserved pat on the back ! If it’s not a lot of trouble…. A photo would be nice
Tried to include pics the first time I posted as that made sense with the text but the moderator deleted everything.

Attachments

• t bird.jpg
    t bird.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 31
  • t bird eng.jpg
    t bird eng.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 33
That is a nice battery switch….

Back