Looky Loos

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caminmich

Au Revoir
Last seen
I've gotten used to the stares and comments when driving my NEWBIRD, but it is still a little strange to come out of the supermarket and find 3 or 4 guys standing around my car. And they always look a touch surprised that it's a 33 yr old "gal" that belongs to the T bird. Tonight there was a twist on the story....I came out of the supermarket to find 2 guys with their heads practically "in" my car. (top was down of course) This time they smiled and asked how I liked it. I said I loved it! Then one guy informed me that the other guy was the one who designed the soft tops for the new birds. I told him he did a great job but that I'd like to have a talk with the guy who designed the trunk! LOL! I live in Plymouth MI. a small town between Detroit and Ann Arbor. We seem to have a glut of new birds in our little town. Seven that I have counted so far with one white/white identical to mine right in my very own sub-division and the head coach of the Detroit Lions has been seen around town in a red/soft top.
-------------------------
Cameron
'02 white/white/black accent
(and new chrome bezel, installed myself this week!)
MI plate NEWBIRD

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Almost the same thing happened to my husband and I at Meijers in Grand Rapids. A guy almost freaked out when he saw our blue bird and said in was a pain in his backside for the last year as he was in charge of making the die for the rear fenders. He was happy to see one up close and liked the results.

Cameron,

I live in Rochester Hills and work in downtown Detroit. Not to be too forward and make this a dating board, but do you happen to be single? I'm 29 and would love the thought of meeting a gal who loves TBirds.

Jeff

----------
2002 Neiman Marcus TBird
Michigan Plate: NMTBIRD

-

-

NMJeff, I am married, but thanks for asking. I'm sure there's a bird girl out there for you. I've seen a few other members on this board from our area, we should get all our new birds together sometime. I've never seen a Neiman Marcus Bird in person, and being a Dallas, TX native Neiman's is very close to my heart(and wallet!) Let me know if there are any other Detroit area birds on here who like the idea of a gathering.

Cameron

In the month or so that I have been driving my triple black, I have had three marriage proposals!!! I'm a 57 year old grandpa with grey hair. Do you think they are really interested in me? Or is it the car? Duh, I wonder....

Cameron:
My husband and I live in Livonia and have a yellow-yellow premium bird and just love it. I agree, there seem to be lots of us in the general area, we spotted 3 reds and a black within the last 2 days. I would love to join in a gathering of local t-bird owners, just name the time and place. I was thinking maybe somewhere in the Hines Park area might be nice.

YLO BRD
Joanne

Cameron,

I live near Royal Oak and I bet that was you waving to me Sat. night when I was turning off Woodward.. Me in the blue, you in the red. Too bad your already married.. I would give NMJeff competition for that first date. 31 and single here.

... I also ran into a guy who worked on the convertible top.. in fact he advised me on adjustments to my top so that it would close better. I couldn't latch it alone but now I can!! He was a German named Peder. Same guy??

Let's all get together and cruise Woodward some night!! We will make those PT Cruiser drivers drewl..
smile.gif

2k2blue, must not have been me waving on Woodward. I'm white/white (top off for summer-the bird's not mine!) But it sounds like we have a fun group of Detroit area birds represented on this board. Let's do a gathering!

Cameron

Hey guys its interesting what a small world it is. If you want a get together find any local classic car club and ask them when "the big local car show" is. Most places have a weekly/biweekly event where all the local car people go to show off their machines. Most of these shows aren't limited to classics but have a wide range of cars from all years and manufactures. Also be careful to keep an eye on your cars when the top is down. With my 55 I found someone actually fidling with the nobs on my dash once. It really got me mad. So since then I use a club and have the club go out over the drivers door so people get the hint that I don't want people messing with my car. Look but don't touch!

Is anyone planning on going to "Cruisn Downriver" on Saturday July 6th? This will be an all day event 10am to 9pm and cars will be cruisin Fort Street from Southfield to Sibley. More info available on womc.com or cruisindownriver.com

YLO BRD

ylobird, I wasn't aware of crusin' downriver. Thanks for the info, I'm going to try to make it down there. Are you doin' the cruise thing in your yellow bird? We have so many new birds in our area it would be cool to get one of each color all to do the cruise together in a row. (but if this heat keeps up I'll be hiding somewhere cool! LOL)

Cameron

Cameron, We'll be there for sure, probably first thing in the morning with YLO BRD to check it out. Had to be in that area last week and picked up 2 of the t-shirts for the cruise, should be fun if its a nice day. It would be great to cruise together and make quite a show, if we could get a group. I think we'll also try to do the Woodward Dream Cruise August 17th. I can't believe it, this T-bird has made me into a car person! Are you aware of the all Thunderbird Car Show at Wilson Barn in Livonia on September 8th?
I would still like to get a few of us together somewhere and compare cars and storys. Hope to see you downriver on Saturday, if your going and want to meet somewhere, let me know.

YLO BRD
Joanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back