looking for a 63-65 bird

Z
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
New to forum. Don't got a bird but looking. Had and rebuilt a 65 and 66 mustang, working on a 83 Cherokee and Dad's old 71 F 250. Found a 63 and a few 64 birds.
What should I look for and avoid as far as rust areas. Like the 64-66 stangs, it was the cowel area and like all these old fords, floor pans.
Parts wise, easy to find and expensive or hard to find and expensive or not too bad, like not gold plated but can be found.
Right now, 63 is needing a hood, front/rear bumper and a passengers window.

thanks for thoughts

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

New to forum. Don't got a bird but looking. Had and rebuilt a 65 and 66 mustang, working on a 83 Cherokee and Dad's old 71 F 250. Found a 63 and a few 64 birds.
What should I look for and avoid as far as rust areas. Like the 64-66 stangs, it was the cowel area and like all these old fords, floor pans.
Parts wise, easy to find and expensive or hard to find and expensive or not too bad, like not gold plated but can be found.
Right now, 63 is needing a hood, front/rear bumper and a passengers window.

thanks for thoughts

Hello Zorm. I have a 63 T-Bird for sale. I just finished a 14yr restoration recently. Everything is either new or rebuilt. The only rust issues it had was the floor pans & I had those cut out and replaced (welded in) with factory replacement panels. It's Raagoon Red with black interior. I've been asking $18,500 but have reduced it to $16,000 now. I have over $25,000 invested and still owe $18,000 on the credit car that I used for the resto. So I can tell you, its cheaper to buy one of these already restored than to do it yourself! LOL Taking it to a big car show tomorrow, though. If it's something you'd be interested in, I can send you some more pictures. It has the Kelsey Hayes wire spoke wheels & fender skirts. Feel free to call me anytime also at 502-682-8134. I'm located in Central KY.

Attachments

• Engine pic.jpg
    Engine pic.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 0
  • Front view @ Somerset car show.jpg
    Front view @ Somerset car show.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Front view in Bldg @ home.jpg
    Front view in Bldg @ home.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Rear view @ Somerset car show.jpg
    Rear view @ Somerset car show.jpg