License Plate Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

This is a quality frame. For the purist out there, the "Thunderbird" script on the frame is slightly different than what's on the rear quarter of the T-bird (e.g., the "h" is a little different), so I thought I would mention that. The frame looks terrific on my T-bird. I prefer this "Thunderbird" frame over the logo frames available elsewhere because the trunk lid already displays the bird logo on the rear of the car. Bottom line -- if you get the autoattire.com frame I think you will be very happy. The service is prompt and efficient as well.

Are the frames priced as pairs? $32.95 for the gold. Or do I need to double the price? Or does one only put this frame on the back?

HKS

Originally posted by thaser:
This is a quality frame. For the purist out there, the "Thunderbird" script on the frame is slightly different than what's on the rear quarter of the T-bird (e.g., the "h" is a little different), so I thought I would mention that. The frame looks terrific on my T-bird. I prefer this "Thunderbird" frame over the logo frames available elsewhere because the trunk lid already displays the bird logo on the rear of the car. Bottom line -- if you get the autoattire.com frame I think you will be very happy. The service is prompt and efficient as well.

There does not appear to be a discount for a pair of frames... I would suggest you go to autoattire.com and send Joe an email and ask him.

I should have bought a pair to save on shipping but I only bought one and now I am ordering a second one.

I personally hesitate to get a gold frame. The chrome frame blends nicely with the T-bird.

I forgot to mention that the drill holes are on the top of the frame only. So if you put one on the black plastic front mount, you will have to drill two small holes to mount the frame (the plastic mount on the T-bird has the mounting holes located on the bottom portion of the frame).

I like that frame; it does look good. I purchased a frame at an auto parts store that I think looks as good. It has spokes around the outside of the double frame. Also added the acetate cover. The frame is chrome. It compliments the front grille. It has the same egg crate look. Has chrome caps to cover screws. Total cost about $15. An option to consider.
Originally posted by HKS:
Are the frames priced as pairs? $32.95 for the gold. Or do I need to double the price? Or does one only put this frame on the back?

HKS

Just installed one of the autoattire frames, a definate two thumbs up!!

Blue Heaven
Blue Premium w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE (the daily workhorse)

FYI:

When ordering a license plate frame from our web site, please note that we offer two types of engravings. FACTORY FONT which is like the Thunderbird factory name-plate, and we offer SCRIPT which is not like the name-plate. The script is a cursive font that is not designed to look like the original. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me. Joe at: info@autoattire.com

I installed my factory font chrome frame the other day and it looks great. Didn't get one for the front because the dealer left the front bracket off and said the front of the car looks better without it, and I agree. Too bad the state of Virginia doesn't agree...front plate required. I'm going without it for awhile, I see them missing all the time. Chrome front bezel is next...

------------------
PK- Blue/Full Blue/Blue Top #16336

In response to FUN X 3,I Live in NJ that requires a front plate. In the twelve years I have lived here I have never installed a front license plate on any of my cars, especially the Thunderbird; it just doesn't look right. I have never been stopped or questioned in all those years. I keep the mount and plate in the trunk in case I ever do get stopped. It could also be that NY and PA cars are in NJ alot so the authorities are used to not seeing them on the front.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back