Let the Stories Begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimBob

Au Revoir
Last seen
Of all the times I've been driving around Phoenix in our B/B Premium, I've never seen another Thunderbird. Well...

...this last weekend my wife and I went to the Biltmore Shopping Center, and upscale eastside shopping arena with a Saks, Neiman Marcus...you get the picture...in all the times before all we've ever seen there were BMW's, Benz's, etc. Real hoity toity...

We pulled into the parking garage, and there directly in front of us was another Blue Bird coming out way, with his soft top up. He spotted us the same time we spotted him...

...we both rolled down our windows, pointed our fingers at each other's car and simultaneously stated, "Hey, like your car...you got good taste!"

We all started laughing and went our way. It was great to finally see another Bird on the road here in hot, sunny Phoenix!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Not a sequel...previous listing was six months old and 3 pages long...just thought we could use an update rather than scrolling through some older posts.

Originally posted by JimBob:
Not a sequel...previous listing was six months old and 3 pages long...just thought we could use an update rather than scrolling through some older posts.

Huh? Sounds like a sequel to me??? Lord of the Rings was too long so they ended it too, and are coming out with the next movie this year.

This weekend I stopped at a karaoke bar to see a friend. I was in the place probably 10 minutes. When I came out there was a handwritten note on my T-bird's windshield. It said "I love your car -- nice!". It had a big heart and the letters "KS". Unfortunately she didn't leave her phone number.
frown.gif

------------------
2002 Thunderbird VIN 17889; rotation 7373.
Premium. Blue/blue/partial.

tongue.gif
Thaser, did you sing anything in the bar like Fun, Fun, Fun. Or any TBird song.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Who was that masked man? I didn't get a chance to thank him.
frown.gif

------------------
Courage --- and shuffle the cards.

No, didn't hang around long enough to sing Fun, Fun, Fun. If I did, it would have been pretty embarrassing as my voice could not possibly hang with the Beach Boys (how they did those harmonies post-puberty is a mystery to me). But now that you mention it, is there a posted list of T-bird songs somewhere on the forum or elsewhere. That would be handy to have around...

Except for 4 birds that I've seen in dealer showrooms, I have only seen one (white) on the streets of Fort Wayne (the wife has seen two, a white and a yellow). I saw the white one again Saturday while running errands and almost went into shock as it was being taken through an automatic car wash. I am waiting for my dealer to get the parts for my two recalls and I've already decided that they will be told "DO NOT WASH THIS CAR".

------------------
2002 blue/blue/full blue
2001 Toyota Highlander
1990 Acura Integra

I rode my bike from Atlanta to Miami and back a few weeks ago and saw only one on the street and 2 on lots. This time, I rode to Canada (Toronto) and saw none on the way up and only one here, a yellow one. These are still pretty exclusive rides.

Late Monday afternoon I spotted a White Bird in an outlet center in Terrell, TX. Noted, and related to, the HUGE smile on the lady behind the wheel! Note to Mystery Lady...if you're a member of this forum please email me.

Sally

Originally posted by yellowwing1:
I agree DavidA, I went to Knoxville, then Buckhannon, W. Va. then to Fort Wayne , Ind. and only saw one on the road that whole time.
Yellowwing1: Where during your travels did you see the one bird? I live in Fort Wayne and drive a bluebird, usually with the top down this time of year.

------------------
2002 blue/blue/full blue
2001 Toyota Highlander
1990 Acura Integra

We traveled to Jersey from Grand Rapids and back and didn't see a single one. Have only see one since getting mine in March. It was blue, like mine in Grand Haven and had the hard top on when it was a beautiful 75 degrees.
A police officer told me it(the car) was sexy like the commercial said it was. I looked pretty good that day too...except for the tangled hair. He stopped me on day to check the temporary plate.(Yeah right)

Sorry to get off topic, but I'm not sure if RETRO T saw the message I left in private mail, so let me ask here...

I couldn't help but notice your location is Grand Rapids and wondered if you might be interested in joining a T-bird gathering at Rosie's Diner in Rockford on August 13th. Nine new birds and a party of 16 will be getting together for breakfast, a show and tell and photos prior to starting a caravan to Elgin, IL for the "Thunder on 66" cross-country cruise. We're not a club and there isn't any formal registration, but if you'd like to join the fun, send a reply to bernie.j.verreau@qwestisp.net and I'll email you the announcement. Hope you can come!

Bernie Verreau, Redwood City, CA

I was on a 4 lane last week in the left lane headed south my turn to the right was coming up in about a mile there was a large truck ahead of me in the same lane and a car just behind me in my blind spot in the right lane. I was inching up trying to get over to the right and as I sped up, so did the car to the right of me he wasn't done looking. I kept getting closer to the truck so finally I kicked the bird into passing gear and whipped around the car to the right so I could make my turn. As I looked in my rear view mirror I saw a police car put his lights on I wondered if it was me and sure enough he pulled me over for going 53 in a 40 MPH zone. I told him what I was doing and he let me go. So be careful out there somtimes people won't leave you alone they just can't get enough looking at our T birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back