Incredible but True

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is hard to understand. I just got off the phone with the Ford dealer to ask if my T-Bird on order has received a VIN. The answer back is that it had on June 7th. The followup question was to check to be sure that the color was correct - that being blue. My original order in Feb 2001 was yellow but I had that changed to blue the following month. Documentation was sent to me showing the Thunderbird Blue color for my order. Now the dealer tells me that they have no records showing the change nor do they remember making the change. What's even more incredible is that I have had several previous discussions by phone (the last one just two weeks ago) with the dealer to be sure that the changed color order was processed properly. Always the response was that it has been taken care of. Today I hear that they cannot recall having those conversations. After "politely" expressing my dismay on how this could happen, I ask the dealer to see if the change can be made this late in the game. He will check tomorrow as it is now after 6:00 p.m. This ain't no #$%^@@ way to run a railroad.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

As I've said, you're dealing with people trained by FOOOORD!

Originally posted by Tbirdman:
This one is hard to understand. I just got off the phone with the Ford dealer to ask if my T-Bird on order has received a VIN. The answer back is that it had on June 7th. The followup question was to check to be sure that the color was correct - that being blue. My original order in Feb 2001 was yellow but I had that changed to blue the following month. Documentation was sent to me showing the Thunderbird Blue color for my order. Now the dealer tells me that they have no records showing the change nor do they remember making the change. What's even more incredible is that I have had several previous discussions by phone (the last one just two weeks ago) with the dealer to be sure that the changed color order was processed properly. Always the response was that it has been taken care of. Today I hear that they cannot recall having those conversations. After "politely" expressing my dismay on how this could happen, I ask the dealer to see if the change can be made this late in the game. He will check tomorrow as it is now after 6:00 p.m. This ain't no #$%^@@ way to run a railroad.

The dealer can make changes to the color up until a certain point, and then the computer will not accept additional changes.

Tbirdman,

Have your dealer check to see if the car has been "locked", if so, no changes can be made to the order. Up to that point changes can be made.

My guess is that if it has just been vin'd there is still some time but running out fast.

See my post "Database Info for the New Birds - post here Update 1". At the bottom of the 1st thread there is a sequence for the vehicle order status.

According to today's feedback from the dealer, Ford will be unable to accomodate a color change on my car. Apparently it is too far into the process. I told the dealer that if the color could not be changed to what I ordered (blue), than the deal is off i.e. I was am not buying the car. The dealer indicated that he has a future TBird allocation that is uncommitted and has not yet been assigned a VIN. This one is red. He will call Ford tomorrow to see if they will agree to change that color to blue. RTBRD, I take it from your comment that Ford should be able to make this change. Here's hoping you're right. Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like what happened when I ordered my 2000 Laser Red Mustang Convertible.

I called the dealer the day after I ordered to make sure the car was ordered with a black top. After getting the run around from bozo salesmen for the next 3 months I finally got the GSM on the phone. He went into the computer to check on my order and discovered the car was ordered BLACK!!

They couldn't understand why I wouldn't take a black car when I ordered a red one. Needless to say, I got my deposit back and went to another dealer! Happy to say that dealer #1 is now out of business!

FDIII

fdthird,

Glad you got your laser red, I had a 2000 laser red GT convert, white interior with white top (no more white tops for me, thank you). I wish the Bird was available in laser red, that is one of the most beautiful car colors I have ever seen. Kinda like candy apple red.

-

Originally posted by redbird:
Due to the delay for the start of 2003 birds, most dealers are getting a few more 2002s. He should be able to order the color you want.

redbird - are you saying that Ford has "upped" the number of 02s planned? or are they just reallocating the last of the 25,000 they planned to make?

My data indicates that #25000 will be built week of 8/5 or 8/12. I currently show 20600's on the line and redbird confirmed that, so I feel that my data is still fairly accurate.

I wonder if the '02s will have even a larger run considering the dates we have seen posted for the '03s job#1.

The line has slowed a little plus there's two weeks of summer shutdown. The start of the 2003s has been delayed so 2002s will be built through October.

also, according to USAToday, there's now a glut of new cars, (not T-Birds) on dealer lots, so it may be safe to assume that they are slowing production to ease the situation.

I received word Friday afternoon that Ford has now said that they would change the color of the T-Bird that I have on order to the correct color that I ordered -- that being blue. RTBRD, I will provide you the VIN number next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back