Houston Thunderbird Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen a couple of "Houston" T-bird owners on this forum, but I was thinking how great it would be to have a group like the one Atlanta has :). You'd think we'd be big enough to pull this off... and with the '59 Diner and places like that, we'd have some fun places to show off our cars!!

I searched online, and the only group I can find there is http://www.ctoh.org/, which is a group for '55-'57 T-bird enthusiasts. Is there another Houston group for new T-bird owners that I am not aware of?

Also, thought I'd mention that I was at Mac Haik Ford today addressing some follow-up matters with our "new baby", and the sales manager asked me if we have a local "auto club" or something?? I told him not that I am aware of, but he wanted to let me know that they supposedly have a very nice special meeting room at the dealership (near I-10 and Beltway 8 on the west side) that they'd be willing to let us use for this purpose.

Please let me know if anyone is aware of anything that I'm not!! Thanks!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hey, I'm in Houston. I'm also president of the Classic Thunderbirds of Houston. We have several members who have both classic Birds and 02 Birds. We also have several members that only have the new Bird. You are welcome to join us! We've even have a Neiman Marcus Bird in the club that belongs to "gestes" that posts here regularly. At a recent club meeting, we had 12 old Birds (cars, not drivers) and 6 new ones. If I do say so myself, we're a pretty fun group.
Hugh in Houston
FUN 3X
Colonial White 56
Thunderbird Blue 02

In the Texas panhandle we have a T-Bird Club called "High Plains Thunderbirds. We have 19 cars. There are 7 55-57, 3 1962's, 1 1994, and 8 2002's. The 02's consist of 4 - black, 1 - white, 1 - red, & 1 - yellow.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

56Birdman (Hugh),

I visited the CTOH website and tried to submit a request for membership info, but the form came back to me undeliverable... in any event, I am certainly interested in learning more about the group, membership fees, current activities, meetings, etc... so please let me know how to proceed...

Also, I'm 30 and my husband is 26... would we be the youngest members??
biggrin.gif

Eeyore,
Send me an email at hjackson@anpower.com and I'll forward you our latest newsletter and an application if you want. Our webmaster's wife recently had their first baby, so his focus hasn't been on our website. I'll talk to him about it! thanks,
Hugh

Eeyore - Hugh failed to mention that we (Houston CTOH) meet every Saturday morning for breakfast at Skeeters on the corner of Bissonnet and Weslayan. Lots of Birds when the weather is nice and we are not enjoying one of our cruise outings. We will be there this Saturday from just before 8:00 AM to around 9:00 AM. Hope to see you there.

------------------
Wyndham Smith
Houston, Texas
57 Bronze ; 2002 White
5 Thunderbird Juniors

Wyndham,

Thanks for the invite, and Hugh actually did tell me about the "Saturday morning breakfast" when he sent me the June newsletter, etc... Do you think you guys will go even with the rain we're expecting this weekend?? Unfortunately, we've got other plans tomorrow, but they may be canceled too due to the weather...

------------------
Red/Red Premium 02 Bird w/full accent
2001 Ford Cobra
1997 Chevy Blazer (for the dogs)

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back