Here she is, America 1978 Thunderbird

ACinTN
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Well,

I'm a "noob" to the Bird world. I have *lots* of experience with old Mustangs and Shelby's. As that hobby got more crazy - I found myself enjoying the "Big Fords" a lot better. My last three were a '67 Farilane, a '71 Ranchero and now my 1978 Bird.

I'm looking forward to starting this process. This is a good, solid car with horrible paint. The interior is very nice. It drives great - I'll enjoy that once I get the squeak handled in the front - whatever that is. I charged the AC today - it's not great, not horrible - but, it's working. The cruise control works on this car.

It's fully documented. I have the sleeve that originally went over the sun visor, the build sheet (punch card) all the purchasing paperwork and documents that came with that, owners manual and most registration through the years - even the original title.

The eyelids stay down about eight hours. I want to fix that. It needs tires bad - I'm going to put white stripes on it like original. I want to paint it.

It's an original car that has it's original exhaust - the shocks are original - lots of Ford part numbers on this one - amazing floors, and solid body.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and being a member here. Thank you for this opportunity!

Attachments

• 20155593_10212038918001564_9125777422403917215_n.jpg
    20155593_10212038918001564_9125777422403917215_n.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 0
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 0
  • 8G87H156853_stdrpt.pdf
    162.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice!

Well,

I'm a "noob" to the Bird world. I have *lots* of experience with old Mustangs and Shelby's. As that hobby got more crazy - I found myself enjoying the "Big Fords" a lot better. My last three were a '67 Farilane, a '71 Ranchero and now my 1978 Bird.

I'm looking forward to starting this process. This is a good, solid car with horrible paint. The interior is very nice. It drives great - I'll enjoy that once I get the squeak handled in the front - whatever that is. I charged the AC today - it's not great, not horrible - but, it's working. The cruise control works on this car.

It's fully documented. I have the sleeve that originally went over the sun visor, the build sheet (punch card) all the purchasing paperwork and documents that came with that, owners manual and most registration through the years - even the original title.

The eyelids stay down about eight hours. I want to fix that. It needs tires bad - I'm going to put white stripes on it like original. I want to paint it.

It's an original car that has it's original exhaust - the shocks are original - lots of Ford part numbers on this one - amazing floors, and solid body.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and being a member here. Thank you for this opportunity!
Welcome Im new as well. Actually to the whole scene of this. I own a 97Gt mustang and a 77 thunderbird minus drivetrain. So my plans are to install the 4.6L from my mustang into my 77 Bird then a coyote into my 97 GT. So any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

@Dennis55 If you're still pursuing this, I can tell you first-hand the first issue your gonna see is the oil pan sitting on the front crossmember. My dad and I were gonna swap one into a '66 Tbird, but couldn't get it low enought in the engine bay. I don't think anybody makes a front-sump pan for this motor(but they might?), but that's probably where your gonna have to start. Good luck and post pics!

Back