Help w/Sirius Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an '05 Bird with a radio button for Satellite Radio. I would like to add Sirius but am having trouble finding the right tuner to work with this radio. I contacted Sirius and was told I had to go to Ford. I went to Best Buy and Circuit City and was told I have to go to Ford. I went to my Ford dealer and they told me that they had them for only $425, installed! This seemed grossly overpriced since tuners for other cars can be purchased for $99. Has anyone bought and installed a Sirius tuner in their Bird? What did you buy?
Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I believe there are several posts on this topic which you should read. I bought my Sirius receiver/tuner from Southern Electronics a couple of years ago for @$300, and then installed it myself, 804 423-1100. charles

Sirius Radio

My son has an 05 Explorer which was satelite ready. He paid the dealer $395 to have the system installed. The unit wires directly into the radio and uses the radio to tune/select the channels. Units that do not match the Ford hook-up use an external tuner or control panel to select the channels.

Ticket Ted
03 Whisper White/Premiun Red/Black interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back