Hello, I am new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new around here.

I personally just got a Silver 1997 Thunderbird, for graduation. I am 17 years old (sorry if I'm one of very few teenagers, I turn 18 next month) and this forum seems very interesting. My T-bird has 64,000 miles on it and it's great. I really enjoy my car a lot. I wish I knew where to get a supercharger for it or maybe a flowmaster :rolleyes:. I am very suprised how well the mileage is with this car considering my brother calls it a "boat" due to its large size.

I am very suprised that theres a forum dedicated to nothing but T-birds, that is really cool, Ford makes some really cool vehicles, and because they do, they're my favorite company.

Well, I just thought I would show my face, hope I'll have a good stay here :D .

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

97 Bird

You own one very classy car whose styling will never look completely outdated.

Just keep an eye on the trans, as many of them start to shudder during the 3-4 shift. Change the fluid regularly.

If you take close notice, the profile is very close to being that of a "fast back". Becomes even more noticeable with the factory spoiler.

Welcome opTykon and don't let your age discourage you. Many new style (retro) birds here, but there is a section for your year Bird as well.
Also some very helpful people, so enjoy your visits and the ride.

jerrym3 said:
You own one very classy car whose styling will never look completely outdated.

Just keep an eye on the trans, as many of them start to shudder during the 3-4 shift. Change the fluid regularly.

Yeah I did a little research about my car and I saw what you said about the tranny. They only said that about 96 models and below.

opTyKoN said:
Yeah I did a little research about my car and I saw what you said about the tranny. They only said that about 96 models and below.
Definatley have your fluid changed - Use Mercon V
and drain the Torque Convertor - Also installing a transmission cooler
is very beneficial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back