Head Rest removal on a 1996 T Bird LX

O
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
New guy here looking forward to being a member, I'm in Portland Or.

How do I get them off to put on sheep skins? Thanks, j

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

This works on the 1994-

unscrew the black "covers"
take the seat back off the frame.
unzip/clip the bottom, pull it inside out over the headrest
pull the "c" clips off the mounts.
the headrest will slide off.

-OR-

Unscrew the caps where the headrest post go into the seat. Reach down the holes in the fabric/leather, where you will find a metal loop, the loop keep the headrest post in place via the notches in the post. Then use a pair of long nose pliers to pull the pin that holds the post in the mount. It will be on the side between the mount and the foam. After you pull both pins, the headrest will slide right out.

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow. I can't reach down in the holes cause the nut (male end) of the black caps are to sharp and there isn't enough room. I'll try the first method. TY j

hey good post I've been trying for a long time to do this and never got it right thankful I've always practiced this on junkyard cars lol

Mine (1996) has 2 tracks at the bottom of the cover that u disengage from under the upper part of the seat from the back, the cover for the seat release has a small phillips. I got that far then got called away, will attach it tomorrow. Good luck with yours. j

Back