Hard Top Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
George,

Yours looks WAY better than that wide strip they had originally - what were they thinking? Maybe they used the clear wide Ford strips as their template. You did good to get them like they are now. Do you know about removal? That was the reason I'd heard Ford didn't use the stainless strips like they planned for 2004... that they could not be removed & replaced without damage to the paint.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

QD:
They just went to the rear third light. Tha's why so wide. They did tell me it would come off w/o damage. You would use the 3M solvent. Same as used for tar removal and some fishing line slid under the strip that is under a warm condition. That could be weather or hair dryer.

Deck strips are now for sale

For anyone interested, those SS Steel strips for the deck are available on ebay at the QAA store, I'll try to post the link:

http://stores.ebay.com/Quality-Auto...QcolZ4QQdirZ1QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

There is a picture that was post # 38 above.

There are other parts available as well. By the way, during the process of using my car for measurments, other products were developed, so the black car, shown at that site, is mine. I did not buy everything, though.

How Do You Apply The Strip??

THEY SENT ME M852005 PLEASE SEND PICS OF THE APPLICATION: TO: davepsun@*********** . thanks....DAVE. Here's a product from Prostripe Moldings avialable from auto body shops that does a terrific job protecting the body from the hardtop scuffing. It's 7/16" wide and comes in a 20' roll. It is hard vinyl covered -- not coated-- with polished aluminum. It also comes in flat black for those of you who don't care for the "chrome" look. You can order it online at www.AutoBodyDepot.net Cost is only $19.95 for the 20 ft roll. Product number is M1052005. I was using the dooredge molding previously, but this works much better. I had it on most of the winter with the hardtop on--and there were no scuffs on the body...it also makes the top rattle free! The strip did not scratch because I covered it with clear tape before putting on the hardtop. Ford's not going to give us a solution that's worth while and APADCO may or may not come out with SS strips--but this works and it's not expensive. Attached are a few pics...[/QUOTE]

Davepsun:
From the looks of your last post I you did not know that there is a SS Steel strip available. I have had it on my car for a few months now.
Read the post just before your last post and there's a web site. Need more info, email me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back