exchange blue interiors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sanrafael69

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I have the partial interior, but prefer the full one. Is there anyone here with a full one that would rather have the partial? I would like to exchage my black pieces for your blue ones. We could share the cost of the exchange and I would pay you the difference between the MRSP of the full and the partial. I live in San Rafael, Calif. My phone number is 415-482-0913

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Possibly,
I origianlly orderd my blue bird with the partial package but I would of had to wait two more months to get it. I found another blue bird with that I am picking up on Wed this week that has the full color.
I was a bit leary at first about the full, that's why I ordered the partial. I saw it "in person" the other day for the first time and I think I like it better than the partial, but will have to live with a while to be sure. If it gets to "bright" for me I will give you a call.

Just curious..do you plan to do the switch yourself (of door trim and console/dash trim)
how difficult will it be?? Did you price the trim pieces from Ford?

Duke

Yes, Duke, I did price the pieces and it would run into the thousands to make the change. The glove compartment door alone was almost $500! No, Duke, I would not make the change myself. I would want a dealer to do it for us. Are you interested? If so, where do you live?

I'll keep you up to date san.
I pick up my bird today. Unless I get annoyed by it right away I'll most likely give it a good month or so before I decide.
Want to be 100%

Kimberly, I hope you got your Bird for the MSRP. I wrote to 80 dealers before I found my Bird for the right price, and I bought it out of desperation even though it didn't have the interior I wanted. Many people think the partial is better - that it has more class, but I am not a classy person and like all that Thunderbird Blue plastic. I have been unhappy about it since I took delivery in April, so my advice to you is do what you want to live with and not grin and bear it. Bill

Just a word of warning about swapping interior parts:

If your intent of buying this car is to keep it as a collector's item, you are better off to keep it as original as possible. If someone checks the numbers and finds that the interior is not original, they won't care why, they just assume that it isn't worth as much.

If you don't care about that, then by all means, do whatever you want to enjoy your car to the fullest.

JimmyFitz
Triple Blue #9429
Austin, Texas

Jimmy, I know you are right, but I didn't buy the Bird as an investment. I have complete records, magazine articles, models of the car, and a ton of Bird goodies like clocks, keychains, mouse pads, photos, etc. Whoever owns this car after I give it up is one lucky new owner. All the scrapbooks, etc. go with it. But damnit, I want the full blue interior! Thanks for your input.
Bill

Just picked up my bird yesterday. So far I love the interior in the full color. Sorry to say I doesn't look like I'll change my mind but I'll let you know if I do.

And no I did not pay MSRP, I paid $500.00 under. There is no problem finding a T-Bird for MSRP here is Wisconsin. I origianlly ordered one 4 months ago for MSRP, then found this one on the lot. The dealer said If I pick it up by the end of the month he would take off $500.00. No brainer there.
There are a few dealers around I know that have birds in stock and all of them will sell for MSRP, it's a matter of finding the one you want.

The funny thing is when I ordered my blue bird I ordered the partial package for the same reason you did. But I found one faster than the order could come in and the only differnce was it had a full color interior.

Kimberly, when I sent off my 80 letters, I got 17 positive replies, but they were all at least 70 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area. The dealers around here went mad with greed when the first Birds came out and were asking as much as $15k over the MRSP. It has taken more than six months and slow sales, but now they are only asking a couple of thousand over list. I got mine for the MRSP, but had to take the security system option. Good luck with your Bird and have fun in it. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back