Destin Ecotour Excursion

Status
Not open for further replies.
biggrin.gif
Don't know what everyone will be doing Sat. morning at Destin but we are going to take the Ecotour Excursion on waverunners. According to their web site this is a 3 hour guided tour of Choctawatchee Bay,Alaqa River Hogtown Bayou and other out of the way places. Says that the price is $145.00 for the 3 hour tour. I know the waverunners will hold two people. I'd bring my own skies but then I'd have to drive my truck to Destin also.

I was just wondering how many others would be interested in doing something like this with their free time on Sat. morning. Sounds like it would just be more Fun, Fun, Fun.
wink.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Gobird,

I have been to the area where you are talking about, on the Bay, and it is TRUELY a beautiful area. I can only imagine how fun it would be to see it from a waverunner's point of view!

There will time, after Breakfast, on Saturday morning when everyone will have time to do something like this. The rest of Saturday is a free to do whatever, until the "drive-in" event later that evening.

This is a GREAT way to spend a few hours and really get to see the more natural side of the area where we all will be staying.

Thank you for arranging this activity and I hope that everyone coming will consider joining this excursion with Gobird while at "Thunderbird Destination"!

Ok, here is an update on the Ecotour Waverunner Tours. I just called them,1-850-267-7777, to reserve our tour for Oct. 19, on Sat.morning. If you are interested in doing this give them a call at that number and reserve yours under my name, Spencer Haldeman. Like I said, the waverunner will carry two people and the tour will last about 3 hours. They start the tour at 8 am till about 11 to 11:30 am. I ask about starting the tour at 9 am and they said they would let me know on this. We need at least 2 rentals to do the tour and they have 15 waverunners to rent out. I would think that if we get close to 10 rentals that they may agree to start it a little later in the morning. Hope some of you will go for this and get a little wet on Sat. morning.

I think we don't have to worry about the NUDOS on this little water trip!
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Here is the Site For Destin www.sandestin.com/home.asp You can find out a lot of STUFF about Destin on this. Look under the menu then recreation then water sports, I think, for the Ecotour.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

-

gmadams, don't know about that. I'll give them a call today or tommorrow and see what we can do. Might depend on how many we get to sigh up for this.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

biggrin.gif
Here is an update on the Ecotour Waverunner Excursion. I just talked to the people at Destin and they agreeded to set aside at least 10 waverunners for our group to take this tour. They also agreeded to do a special run for us if we get that many people interested in it and do it at 10 am Sat. morning so this will not interfere with what is already planned for that morning. The price of this will not change though, it will still be $145.00 for the 3 hour tour. This doesn't sound too bad to me because if you rent the waverunners there by the hour it is $65.00 per hour. They do have 20 waverunners that they can rent if we get that many people.

Hope we can get enough people together to do this, sounds like it will be a lot of FUN.
cool.gif

Didn't the Captain and Gilligan start out on a three hour tour!!
tongue.gif
Remember, we are close to the Bermuda Triangle.
eek.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

-

Gobird,

Even though there is a lot to do for me on Saturday, preparing for the "drive-in" theater, I'll reserve 2 spots, one for myself and one for a guest, to do this adventure. I'm sure that I can be away for from 10:00am-1:00pm without getting too far behind in the preparations for Saturday evening. I'm sure that this will be a great tour and I definitely like doing this type of thing! I hope others coming will consider doing it too!

Gobird,

I just called the Ecotour number. The person that I talked to didn't know about the later start time. We definitely want to make the trip! Count us in for one of the waverunners.

Gary & Kay

gmadams, this is all arranged thru someone that Tim knows that is setting everything up for the Destin get together. They may not have all their ducks in a row there yet. But I was told that what I said is the way it will be. Thanks for joining the water group.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back