build sheet

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anybody know if Ford was still using build sheets in 1984. If so where in the car did they leave them?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

A common place to find them is under the back seat. They sometimes stuff them in the springs. If not there check under the front seats. Other then that I can't help you..

I found one under my back seat and one under the driver's seat. Unfortunately, they were very brittle and had a few pieces torn off.

I actually found one for my 78 Diamond Jubilee stuffed behind the instrument cluster on top of the brake bracket and between a piece of insulation there. Unfortunately, half of it was ripped up to where I couldn't tell all the numbers on it.

Anybody know if Ford was still using build sheets in 1984. If so where in the car did they leave them?
Build sheets were still used at that time. They would normally have placed them under the passenger side seat between the cushion and tension wires. However most are usually destroyed due to time and tension on wires of cushion.

Found this tucked in the back seat springs in my 1969 tbird. Not an easy thing to come across as other have pointed out they tend to get obliterated or destroyed because of people sitting in the back seat. That or time, age/neglect will just turn them brittle.
36294EA7-F785-4C0F-8CC3-13A4A7ED317F.jpeg

Back