Status
Not open for further replies.
tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Thanks to everyone who has been sending emails to me in support of the efforts dedicated to this site. A few people got upset last week after I deleted 12 posts in a row from the promoter of Thunderbird Destination. It was completely inappropriate by any moderators standards to plug your event and URL 12 times in a row.

Let's all move forward, and rest assured, unless you do something completely asinine, like post 12 times in a row promoting your web site or event, or use someone's email address to contact someone's employer, your posts will remain UNTOUCHED! You have my word. I'm a good guy, and I'll try my best to keep everyone happy. I'm not delete happy.

I have heard through the grapevine that a few people have decided to start a cheesy site using a third party "free" message board service to protest my deletion of the 12 Destin posts. We own our server and the software and do not use "freebie" message boards which tend to fade away after time. The longivity of internet freebie services is questionable. We control our own destiny unlike those that rely on third party freebie message board systems.

One last important note, most of the freebie boards log and publicly show your IP address which is a major problem to most folks. A lot of times the actually owner of the boards will use the email addresses and sell them to spammers, make sure you read the privacy policy. They have to make money somehow!

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

hey t-bird , i'm new at this site. from what i have seen & witnessed(from my on mistakes from this site being new) i do feel like i better not mess up on a replie or else. after i used capital letters. ( hey i'm here to relax and have fun talking about a new car i own, and ask questions and express what i might know) maybe if we eased up on the monitoring more instead of trying to control how people try to comunicate we'd all have a better time while we visit your site. HELL i own a t-bird... how many people can say that...have fun, life is too dam- short. amen!!!!

If you were here longer, you would have already know that everything was quiet for well over a month until TbirdTim decided to plug his web site 12 times in a row on the threads. Since he is such a attractive dude, all the ladies got upset when I deleted what all moderators would have considered to be spamming the group. My causual comments to you regarding posting in ALL CAPS was a friendly reminder, and considering you are an "Internet Sales Manager" I would think that you should know better that to post in ALL CAPS which we all know means you are yelling.

Unless you are calling or sending letters to a man's employer or ripping people off, or posting off topic, your safe. We had one idiot get someone's email address off the board and sent a letter to his boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back