Anti-sway bars for '56 bird

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Greetings looking for information on anti sway/roll bars for my 1956. What is the factory size, what dies the aftermarket offer......Trying to get my 'bird to handle a bit better and maybe eliminate the skirt release rub that has ruined my new wide white wall. Thank you in advance and everyone please stay safe and healthy.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Moved to parts wanted/for sale. For all reading, if you are wanting to buy a part, discuss buying a part, etc., please help save is time and post in this parts wanted/for sale forum area, NOT the general forums.

I was looking for information
I’ve got an original (used) front one if you need it. Also have an extra new 1” rear if anyone is interested. I’ve replaced mine F/R with 1” aftermarket ones.

Greetings looking for information on anti sway/roll bars for my 1956. What is the factory size, what dies the aftermarket offer......Trying to get my 'bird to handle a bit better and maybe eliminate the skirt release rub that has ruined my new wide white wall. Thank you in advance and everyone please stay safe and healthy.
Hotchkiss sells a very good front and rear sway bar kit for the early birds. I bought mine through Larry's Thunderbird. It will change the whole Driving Experience for your car. Including rubbing of the rear white Walls. I converted my 57 and I wished I had done it years ago. The new sway bars will eliminate the side movemet of the rearend and will stifen the ride. If you hit a pot hole or bump with one tire you will feel the bump a lot more since you will effectdly have increasd your spring rate. Undulating highway driving will be unchanged. Corning will be greatly improved.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: JDJ
Back