Aftermarket Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of any performance exhaust systems that are coming out soon? Knowing Borla, their system may not be out for a year. Ditto for Magnaflow and Flowmaster. However, I could be wrong and perhaps any of you know when these companies or other companies are launching new systems?
Also, besides the chrome hood scoop bezels, are there any "must haves" for the T-Bird? Hopefully, a company such as Saleen or Xenon will come out with a hard tonneau cover that matches the Sports Roadster. Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yea I've seen that thread before but it just doesn't have the answers I'm looking for. I thought someone would have a better answer but thanks anyway!

Specialty Vehicle Concepts, 949-722-7100 has a performance package that was written up in the May 2002 Motor Trend. According to the article, SVT is the first tuner to offer a complete turnkey package. There home page is www.specialvehicles.com. A few of the items in their package: a K&N air-inlet system that feeds an Eaton M90 Roots-type supercharger, a new Granatelli fuel-mangement system and a Borla stainless steel dual exhaust.

Check it out and let us know what you think.

clebus,

Went out there and did not see anything about the Bird but they did have some stuff on the LS. One was just a body/interior package but the other had some engine work also.

Looked at the pix on the supercharger installation and it looked good. Clicked on the more info link to see that. They said they will have more info on the supercharger later. I would like to know what mods they made to the engine/drivertrain for the supercharger, which they quoted as 400HP output.

I am somewhat concerned about charging an engine that has a 10.55:1 compression ratio, most blown motors have a compression ratio of 8 - 8.5:1. Also can the driveline handle the increased torque? 400HP means an increase of 58% in the torque (@ 6100 RPM where max HP is measured).

RTBRD-
You have some excellent questions. I am curious about the modifications that SVC made to allow for the supercharger and the prices of the modifications. There phone number is listed as 949-722-7100 in the MT article.

I'm sorry but I can't find anything about SVC and a Ford Thunderbird in the May 2002 Motor Trend. Perhaps you could tell me what page it is on?

It's not immediately obvious from the Special Vehicles website where to go; the page you'll want to see is under "old news". A direct link:
http://www.specialvehicles.com./tbird

They say the Bird here has gotten the full monochromatic treatment; I can't tell that they've done anything different with the paint. Since Special Vehicles is located just a few miles from where I live, I may visit them sometime to ask about this. (When I e-mailed them several months ago, I never got a reply.)

JRElvis,

It is in the July Motor Trend that started hitting homes the end of this week, not the May issue.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

JRElvis:
Lon O'Connell is correct. The Motor trend issue that I just received in the mail this week has May 04 as the date on the mailing label but it is the July issue. I apologize for the confusion. The article is on page 118 of the July 2002 issue.

jeliotb,

Thanx for pointing me in the right direction.
I agree about the paint, the black car is pretty much monochromatic anyway.

I would really be interested in what you find out if you stop by and see them. Costs, mods etc. The last update on their site was November of last year.

I think I'm going to give SVC a call after seeing the Motor Trend article. However, I am sure I will be turned off by an exorbitant price for at least a few of those modifications. Still, I bet the hard tonneau cover will be cheaper than thunderbird-kit.com's.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back