96 3.8 acceleration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joshuaj0214

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I have a 96 lx with the 3.8. The problem i'm having is no acceleration once the car starts to warm up. It runs pretty good when I first start it, but once the temp guage get around a quarter of the way up, it looses all its power! I can floor it from a stop and it will crawl ofr about 20-30 ft. then will take off like normal. I have changed the fuel filter and the plugs only have about 30K on them. I am stumped! Any help is greatly appreciated!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

acceleration problem

Are you using K&N air filters? They're lightly coated with oil and will cause havoc with your oxygen sensor after a few months.
That might be the cause.

Are you using K&N air filters? They're lightly coated with oil and will cause havoc with your oxygen sensor after a few months.
That might be the cause.

Actually the oil from a K&N filter will have NO effect on your O2 sensors at all. But with too much oil on a reuseable filter (K&N, Air Raid, etc) it will get on the MAF and cause problems. But if the filters are oiled properly, you will not have any issues at all. I've been running K&N filters in all of my vehicles for a substantial amount of time and have never had a single issue at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back