66 Bird blows blue smoke on startup

Ozzie 66 BRD

Ozzie 66 BRD

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi Guys, I am new to the forum. Does anyone know about oil dripping into the inlet manifold from the rocker covers on a 428. A mechanic has said this is a problem with some aftermarket inlet manifolds. I think it is the valve stem seals does anyone know about this problem?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The FE has a propensity to suck oil in along the lower edge of the intake if the heads have been milled.

But if you only have a little blue smoke on start-up, that's a classic sign of valve stem seals leaking a bit. If it's not too obnoxious and everything else is running well, I wouldn't worry about it much...

The FE has a propensity to suck oil in along the lower edge of the intake if the heads have been milled.

But if you only have a little blue smoke on start-up, that's a classic sign of valve stem seals leaking a bit. If it's not too obnoxious and everything else is running well, I wouldn't worry about it much...

Thanks for that Ernie, might look for a set of alloy heads & get the hardened valve seats to run on unleaded fuel.

Back