6000 + miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Atlanta and the Heels win in the Peach Bowl...Amadeus now has 6100 miles (about 900 from this trip). Drove back with the traffic to keep from getting run over---steady 80 MPH on I-85..no problems at all---tons of looks and "wows", and 24+ MPG.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

One of the cars that altered speed to catch up with us for a better look was a middle aged couple in a very new S class Mercedes. Both the male driver and his female passenger were doing plenty of gawking and smiling as they passed us. (Missed seeing you and Joel at the parking lot while we were down).

I did see a twin blueBird headed south on 85 about 4 miles into South Carolina.

HeelBird,

Off topic but have you seen the White Rose Collectables Tarheels 2002 TBird? I've ordered the Gator's and the Bucs cars. I understand that they are only making 1000 of each college/team.

I have ordered and received the FSU car and the Dolphins car. I will keep each in its original box which is suitable for display.

Jodrod: How does the Gator car look? Went to law school there.

Gaudy, but so then are the Gators. I have not received it yet, should be here next week.

Wondered why you got a Noles if you went to UF but then I noticed you live in Tallahassee.

Go Gators! Go Bucs!

Heelbird,

I don't know where else they may be, but I know that eBay has them all the time - search on Thunderbird 2002, at least. Since I am not a sports fan, I try to filter out the White Rose and various permutations & abbreviations to get more of the other stuff. Don't know if you look at eBay or not, but I hope this helps!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

I found three ways to get the the White Rose Collectibles site. www.whiterosecollectibles.com www.whterose.com and www.fleer.com (Fleer bought White Rose recently - go to Collectibles section for the White Rose). The collectibles they have listed are PT Cruisers, Winnebagos, trucks, etc. - no Thunderbirds, although under "Upcoming White Rose Products", various Thunderbirds are listed: MLB 1:24 in August, NFL 1:24 & College 1:24 in October. Somthing tells me they haven't updated their Web site for quite a while! You can search by team in the various categories (MLB, NFL, College), but I didn't see Arkansas Razorbacks listed. Don't know if they plan on adding more teams or not - you could probably email them. Since Thunderbirds are not listed, don't think you could order directly from the Web site, although email might get some personal results.

Hope this helps anyone interested in the team cars!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

My understanding is that White Rose deals strictly wholesale - no sales to end users. You have to find a dealer carrying their products. Every dealer I've seen carrying these on ebay have been sports memorabilia vendors. The last time I checked their site (months ago) they had a list of their vendors.

I was talking to a local vendor who deals in such things and he said to get competive pricing he had to buy 272 of an item, I was checking on the Bucanneers TBird. I was able to get one on eBay for $20.99 + shipping.

I checked their site also and they do list some vendors but it is not a complete listing for my area at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back