4 speed transmission

R

richmorrill

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone put a 4 speed in a 57 T Bird with a 312 engine if so what year trans. I can get holf of a 1966 Mustang 4 speed from a 289 will that work and do I have to fanagle

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

That 65 Mustang should have both sets of holes...should bolt up, but I've never done it. I know the early Toploader 4-spds had both sets of holes...

Has anyone put a 4 speed in a 57 T Bird with a 312 engine if so what year trans. I can get holf of a 1966 Mustang 4 speed from a 289 will that work and do I have to fanagle
I have a 60s Borg warner 4 in my 55-292,,not done by me,,,Do yourself a favor and get a properly measured and balanced driveshaft when you install it,,,also a new -splined yolk,,,Ford Borg warners seem less common then chevs tho rebuild kits are available,,,,I redid the drive train,,new clutch,,plate,,bearings ,,shifter etc ,,once its sorted out its a fine running set up,,,do it properly and document all you did,,,

Back