2005 Steering wheel cover off center

PLE999
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I found this 50th Anniversary model, black on black, 54k original miles, last November. I am rarely allowed to drive it. Today, I realized the steering wheel cover is off-center. It appears to be hand-sewn in place. Is that a factory accessory?

20220324_124055.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

no, that is done by hand, but it is not factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can tell pretty quickly this did not come from the factory like this. haha. Now the question is what is it hiding beneath?

Boy I hope that isn't a symptom of a repair after an air bag having deloyed. or having been stolen (there was a spate of air bag thefts a few years back, now its apparently catalytic convertos - ugh!) Might want to check around for some indications of damage.

Just curious about, "I am rarely allowed to drive it..."

Boy I hope that isn't a symptom of a repair after an air bag having deloyed. or having been stolen (there was a spate of air bag thefts a few years back, now its apparently catalytic convertos - ugh!) Might want to check around for some indications of damage.
No sign of anything like that. The car is pretty much like new.

Back