2004 crank several times to start

E
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 2004 Thunderbird and I’m having an issue with starting it. When it’s cold I can crank it and it cranks three or four times and starts right up. However, when it warms up, I have to crank the snot out of it before it catches and starts. Headed to a couple different shops. Nobody can seem to figure out what’s going on with it. Has anybody had this issue? Perhaps some thing with the fly by wire throttle?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Folks, when you post don't title your posts "2004". How the heck is anyone going to know what your post is about when it says "2004" or something else vague?

Title updated! Do it correctly next time.
Summarize-Post.jpg

I have a 2004 Thunderbird and I’m having an issue with starting it. When it’s cold I can crank it and it cranks three or four times and starts right up. However, when it warms up, I have to crank the snot out of it before it catches and starts. Headed to a couple different shops. Nobody can seem to figure out what’s going on with it. Has anybody had this issue? Perhaps some thing with the fly by wire throttle?
Sounds like a compression issue possible liked to oil viscosity differences when hot or cold.

You probably need to check the fuel pressure when hot. It could be a faulty fuel pump.

Back