2003 hard to get in and out of?

N
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
None
I'm shopping for a 03 to 05. None nearby.(Carson City Nv). Need to try one for size to determine the difficulty of entry/exit with top raised. I'm 78 years old and not very flexible anymore. 5 foot 9" . Just checking to see if there might be an owner nearby who might allow me to try one on? Opinions also welcome.
TIA
Steve
Minden NV

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm shopping for a 03 to 05. None nearby.(Carson City Nv). Need to try one for size to determine the difficulty of entry/exit with top raised. I'm 78 years old and not very flexible anymore. 5 foot 9" . Just checking to see if there might be an owner nearby who might allow me to try one on? Opinions also welcome.
TIA
Steve
Minden NV
Hi Steve - If you want to come down to the Bay Area (halfway between Sacramento and San Francisco) you're welcome to try mine out. I can tell you my husband is 5'11" and 69 years old and he has difficulty somewhat. I'm 5'2" so I don't have a problem.

TIA
Steve
Minden NV
nvsteve... I'm 77 and have a 2003 with the hard top on (I like the look, and taking it off for a few weeks of top-down weather isn't worth it). No problem getting in or out, mainly due to the steering wheel fully retracts when the key isn't in the ignition. My knees are shot, and I have MG, so I doubt you'll have a problem. Oh, I live in PA, so I'm definitely not nearby.

TIA
Steve
Minden NV
Same here. With the top on I enter head first.

TIA
Steve
Minden NV
I'm 85 and 5'10
TIA
Steve
Minden NV
I'm 85, 5"10 and have a 2004. My best entry goes back to my Austin Healey days. I back in with my butt, them pull in my head and feet. Best to avoid bulky shoes. Better yet, always have the top down!

61 so still a little flexible 6"2 , I back in and lower my head once inside is comfortable.

Back