2002 replacement hood insulation

DonL
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just joined the Forum. Hello everyone! The car is a new departure for me Im a classic Mopar guy at heart but like my Ford Trucks! Just purchased a 2002 T-Bird blue with a withe top and matching interior with 23500. miles. The under hood insulation is damaged any suggestion less than $600.00 ouch

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just joined the Forum. Hello everyone! The car is a new departure for me Im a classic Mopar guy at heart but like my Ford Trucks! Just purchased a 2002 T-Bird blue with a withe top and matching interior with 23500. miles. The under hood insulation is damaged any suggestion less than $600.00 ouch
DonL . . . welcome! I live over in Clermont. Bought my 04 in 2018 with 28,500 miles. In five years I've only added 5K to that. I'd like to say it was all pleasure driving, but a lot was using it as a sub when my F150 was getting major work done.

No suggestion on the insulation. Post a picture of the car for us to see. Sounds like a nice color combo. Also post a pic of the insulation damage.

Here is a hood insulator on ebay for $109.99. It is fabricated from black rubber foam, designed to muffle the heat and sound of the engine. It is not like the original fiberglass material and is not a pre molded hood insulator. Once adhered to the underhood it will give the appearance like the original. If you do not want to pay $600.00 I would give this a try.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back