2002 Abs anti lock brake pump module modulator 1w432c219bb.

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My ABS and traction control lights are on. My mechanic says it needs a wheel sensor and an ABS pump. The wheel sensor is easy enough. We can't find an ABS pump. Ford says they are discontinued, and I understand that the 2002 model is different from 2003-2005. Someone said Tbird, Lincoln LS, and maybe Jaguars shared some of the same parts in 2002 but I haven't found anything so far that looks like a solution.
Found a couple of used parts online but I'd rather go reman if I can't get OEM or aftermarket.
02 FORD THUNDERBIRD ABS ANTI LOCK BRAKE PUMP MODULE MODULATOR 1W432C219BB.
Can it be rebuilt? Any recommendations on a remanufacturer for this particular part?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Wheel speed sensor failures are common. If diagnostic trouble code C1145 and/or C1155 are stored in the ABS control module, have the person who is repairing your car look at Technicial Service Bulletin 04-22-13. ABS hydraulic control unit failures are not very common, why does the person repairing your car think it is defective?

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

ABS hydraulic control unit failures are not very common, why does the person repairing your car think it is defective?

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Agreed, in fact, this is the first time I can recall in over 20 years someone requesting this part.

@dwb73 Have your mechanic look at this thread-

Wheel speed sensor failures are common. If diagnostic trouble code C1145 and/or C1155 are stored in the ABS control module, have the person who is repairing your car look at Technicial Service Bulletin 04-22-13. ABS hydraulic control unit failures are not very common, why does the person repairing your car think it is defective?

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Thanks for the direction to the service bulletin. My local Ford dealer says they don't work on cars older than 10 years and directed me to a repair shop that has qualified mechanics. Their reason for diagnosing it as a failed unit is above my pay grade. I'm going to send them the service bulletin info and see what they say.
Thanks for your help.
Don

Thanks to doug7740. When I told you this was above my pay grade I was right. Turns out there is a pump that is part of this ABS system and that is the failed part. They have located one of those and it should be here early next week.
Thanks again for the help.

I have never seen an ABS hydraulic control module (pump) fail, but I suppose anything is possible. I have replaced a few ABS electronic control modules, but they are not plug and play, you need to use a diagnostic tool to reconfigure the ABS module.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

ABS Control Modules.jpg

I have never seen an ABS hydraulic control module (pump) fail, but I suppose anything is possible. I have replaced a few ABS electronic control modules, but they are not plug and play, you need to use a diagnostic tool to reconfigure the ABS module.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

View attachment 30665
Turns out it was the hydraulic control module.
Found a used one- installed and now all lights are off and back on the road.
Thank you for the advice.
Now we’re on to investigating what’s up with heat/AC controls.

Back