1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

2002 2003 2004 2005 Ford Thunderbird Ignition Coils COP

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by tbird, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbird

tbird Super Moderator Staff Member

At the time of this post, 38.99 for an entire set of Ignition Coils! Can't beat that! If you have a 2002-2005 Ford Thunderbird I would buy these just to have on hand because of the history of these going bad!

Here is the link http://amzn.to/2ilnIo3

There is a post here on how to replace.

coils.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2017
    Spiderman and John Hayman like this.
  2. Thx for the heads up.

Bailey and tbird like this.
  3. tbird

You're welcome! Only 18 left in stock now!

4. I just had these replaced on my 04 Tbird. What are the chances they will go bad again? And yes, it was VERY expensive (luckily I had an extended warranty that covered it - but it DIDN'T cover the damage to the spark plugs).

5. Thank you for the heads up. I have a 2002 and will save a big bill when I need them. Just bought then. Thanks

tbird likes this.
  6. tbird

7. tbird.

In addition to my 2005 Ford Thunderbird, I also own an antique Volvo 244 Turbo. I mention this because a retailer that specializes in Volvo parts prepared a post for its model 240 members including a list of the top-10 repair items you're likely to face as a 240 owner -- along with steps to prevent these common failures and links to parts that it sells to repair these items if needed.
    (See, https://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/10081/top-10-problems-with-volvo-240-models)

Sure enough, I had faced three of these problems with my Volvo (short-lived engine mounts, heater fan, oxidized fuses). Other common problems they listed I had not yet faced, but now I could keep my eye out for them. The real value was that this retailer had a perspective and expertise beyond an individual owner's knowledge of what are the common problems and the effective solutions for our collectible cars.

Just a thought, but I am wondering if a similar list exists at fordthunderbirdforum.com for 2002-2005 Tbirds? Even better, does it include links to Amazon (or other parts retailers that give the Tbird Forum a commission for sales by forum members)?

If so, that approach would seem like a win-win for both the Tbird Forum and for its members.

Regards. Red

John Hayman likes this.
  8. Do you still have a set? Thanks

9. biddle

biddle Administrator Staff Member

Looks like they are out of stock now! You will just have to keep checking the seller's page to see if they restock. They sold a ton of them after I posted the link in a short time.

10. Ordered 1 set yesterday.
    Got email it would be delivered tomorrow!
    sorry I got last one, but I am sure they will have more soon.

Since I have had my 2005 Anniversary T-Bird, I have to replace 2 and at that price, I know have spares.
    Unfortunately, I paid dearly for the replacement.

Is there a post on how to do this replacement?

Thanks

11. biddle

You got lucky! I don't think they are going to restock them. There is a post here on how to replace.

12. biddle

Back in stock today January 16th

14. Purchased a set, thanks!
    Does anyone know if the service bulletin did indeed cover cars up to 100k miles or did it expire 10 years after the car model year, I.e, 2004 t-bird, cops service bulletin expired 2014?
    Thanks everyone!
    -shirley

15. tbird

It expired after 10 years which means nobody is eligible now.

Here are some TSB's http://www.fordproblems.com/tsbs/Thunderbird/2004/

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  16. Just got a set,thanks

Richard

17. I am a newby TBird owner and new to this forum. I see that it is very informative.

tbird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!