1986 Wiring Help

Lteele
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Thanks for letting me join, I've got a 1986 Thunderbird Elon edition. The car has paperwork dating all the way back to when it was purchased. Every single oil change is documented on this thing, Every light bulb, every thing is documented. Sadly the previous owner let it sit since 2009 and its gone down hill since then. It was parked because it kept losing power and would not rev. I ran up on the car while doing some work for a guy in town, anyway, i now have the car in my possession.
The car was broken into several years ago & the thieves decided to try to steal and destroy the steering column. what i mean is, the key area is all messed up and the lock cylinder is non existent. the plastic around the steering column was ripped out.
My question to you guys is this, what exactly does the ECU control in this car? If I do away with the Throttle Body Injection and go carbureted all the way, what is left for the ECU to control? the 86 is a 5.0L with AOD trans that was put in months before it started to lose power & was parked.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back